Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Funeral and Family

Yay for my first post!!!

I thought I would start off my photography blog with what I value the absolute most: Family!
This weekend we went to a funeral for my Grandmother Melba Ardyce Parker Bastian. I absolutely adored her and am very sad that I won't get to see her for a very long time, but am also very happy that she is with Wed again and that after that very long time, I will get to see her again.

I didn't have the honor of taking either of these pictures, but I do love her so much (and I wanted everyone to have a good edited copy of them).

As a special treat I asked that all the family to take a large family picture after the funeral



I think not quite everyone can be seen, but as you can tell, there are so many of us!

My cousin Joy suggested that we take a "first cousins" picture.



So we all lined up in order of birth. There were 28 grandchildren that were able to come attend the funeral out of 43 total grandchildren.

This was one picture that I really wanted to get. It was a little difficult, but I'm so happy I got to take it.



Here are all of Melba's children (left to right: David Bastian, Larry Bastian, Penny Lindsay, Marlene Safsten, Bonnie Williams, Steve Bastian, and Daniel Bastian)

There are more pictures to come, but this is a start.

I love you family and I'm happy I got to see you all again!

5 comments:

  1. Great job Becca! you are great with the camera and I know you will be getting a lot of friends and family to ask you to take pictures. You'll gain tons of knowledge and from that you can grow into a wonderful "photographer". GOOD LUCK!-----t.curd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pictures, Becca. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, you did a great job and I appreciate you posting them on your blog. Thanks for the great programs!!!
    Love, Aunt Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Becca. It was so great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BECC~~~~~~ WOWZERS I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of your sis. How did you think of all the great poses? They are very professional looking-so proud of you. I haven't gotten to practice in awhile on picture taken---you have me beat BIG TIME
    YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers